In this article I will try and guide you through creating a live media in our video platform.
This guide is for those of you who still have not tried out our new UI. If you are using the new UI you will find the article on how to set up a live media here:
Live Streaming - QVP - Creating a live media. (New UI) (Opens in a new tab.)
The instruction below assume that you have:
1. Logged in to the video platform.
2. Obtained your streaming credentials.
To obtain your streaming credentials, please contact email@example.com
1. In your video library, left click the blue "Media" button.
2. When you click this button a new dialogue window will appear. Left click on "Live Event"
3. The dialogue window will change to look like below.
4. Type in a title for your live media, and select your ingest profile. For more information on ingest profiles please look here: Live streaming - QVP - Ingest Profiles.
(Opens in a new tab.)
5. Once you've typed in the title for the live media and selected an ingest profile, you need to make sure to write some information down. (Required for when you configure your live encoder.)
The information you need to write down is:
- 1. Primary URL stream
- 2. Bitrate & Stream name
- 3. Once you written the information in (1) and (2) down, left click on the "Create Live Event" button.
6. Your live media should now be visible in the platform. (You may have to reload the page in sometimes in order for it to show up.)
In case you missed writing the information down for the encoder mentioned in step 5, you can also find them by doing the following:
1. Left click on the live media you created.
2. When you left click the media, a new window pane opens on the right side of the screen. Press the (i) button (1) and you will be able to get the required information there (2 and 3).