In this article we will be showing you how to create a live media in the new UI. If you are still using the old UI, you can find an article on how to create a live media for it here:
Live Streaming - QVP - Creating the live media. (Old UI)
Before going through these instructions, you should make sure that you have met the following criteria:
1. Logged in to the video platform.
2. Have the live streaming credentials. (Username/Password) for the live application.
(If you do not have the credentials, please contact email@example.com)
Let's get started.
1. To get to your Media Library from the dashboard view, press the little folder icon (marked in red.)
2. At the right side of the screen you will find a "New" button, left click on it.
3. A menu will appear - select "Create live event"
4. A new dialogue window will appear in the middle of the screen looking like below.
5. Enter the title of your live event, and also select which ingest profile to use.
You can find more information on ingest profiles here:
Live streaming - QVP - Ingest Profiles.
6. You need to obtain some information here in order to know where to stream to, this information is used when configuring your live encoder.
- Primary URL stream (where you are going to stream TO)
- Bitrate & Stream name
7. Click on "Create live event".