Settings > Custom Properties > New
Each company uses videos in their own unique way and that's why we offer the opportunity to create custom properties, with functions that will appear as various fields in the Genreal Settings in the Inspect menu. The inspect menu will appear when you choose a video, playlist or catalog in the Media Library.
The various fields can be then filled with metadata for each video. The custom properties that you can add in the settings are of the following type:
• Date and Time
• Multi Selection
Let's use an example to demonstrate this function by adding a field that asks which "people" are in the video.
1. Go to Settings > Custom Properties > Press "New"
2. A form will appear that asks the "Name in editor". The name of the this field could be "people in the media"
3. The second field is "Name in API" and let's name it "people_in_media". Do not use spaces, since this is not allowed in the metadata.
4. Choose the "Type" as "Text" and if you want you require, it's possible to make this field required. In that case activate the "Make required" field.
5. You can choose 3 options in the "Use with" field. The custom property will appear in a media, catalog or playlist depending on your choice in "Use with". Let's use "Media in this example" and press "Save"
6. Now you can find custom property in the Custom Properties list and let's move next to > Media Library and choose a video of your own choice > General
You can see a custom property field with the title "People in Media" and you can write now who are in the video and press "Save" or "Cancel"
7. Now when you go to > "Media Library" > Searchbar (Top Middle)> and write the name of the people in the media "Alexander" in this example. The media containing Alexander will now be displayed in the view.