There are plenty of different ways to add interactivity to a live stream with Live Manager. In this guide I will show you how to add interactive features in the Live Manager.
How to create an interactive button to your stream
One of our most popular live interactive features are the live buttons. In it's simplest form it's a button that can be broadcasted in a live stream for the viewers. The most common use is to add a hyperlink to a button. It can be used for example:
- Add a link to a document or a webpage that is relevant during the stream
- Adding a link to a breakout room to Teams or Zoom in bigger events
- Link to a stream on another channel
In the next example I will show you how to create a button and how to broadcast it on a live stream such as in the picture below.
1. After you have created a live event and set the basic settings, navigate to Interactive manager in the live media
2. Now you can see the Interactive Elements that can be added to a stream. Choose the "Button" and drag it down to the interactive queue.
3. You can see that a button appears on the Interactive queue and that a elements navigation bar will appear on the right, as well as a small button in the video preview. Let's start with adjusting the button and it's settings.
4. Start by adding a name for the element itself, this will not be displayed in the live media, but functions as a id and a name for the feature, if it is saved preset so that the functionality can be reused later.
Continue with adding a "Button text" which will appear on the button that will be broadcasted on the screen.
The button size and position can be adjusted by dragging and manipulating it on the video preview or by changing it in the "Position and size menu" in the sidebar. Also you can change the color and the hover color to your liking.
5. Let's continue with chaning the font size of the button. In the appearance submenu you can find typical options for editing such as font size, style weight and color
6. Next we will create the action for the click. Go to the "Actions on click" submenu" and choose "Go to url"
7. You can write and add any link you want and we recommend you to choose also the "New Tab" option, so that the link will open in a new tab, so that the stream can still continue.
8. Now you can see the finished interactive button in the Video Preview window. Now you should go back to the live media.
9. Go to Live Manager
10. The live functionalities can be found in the Live Manager under the settings menu > Interact queue
11. Now you cand find the button and when you press the "Play" button, then the interactive button will appear in the live stream.
12. Now the button will appear in the Live Stream and it will take you to the link that is attached
13. Stop broadcasting the button, by pressing the "Stop" button in Live Manager. Now the button will dissapear and if you want to you broadcast the button multiple times at a later time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.